Since our founder, Alexandra Stanyer started our pre-school nursery in her home in 2001:
- Over 400 children have attended our specialist pre-school nursery.
- We have worked with over 350 families and children through our outreach services.
- We have trained over 2,750 professionals through our courses and conferences.
- We’ve showcased our best practice to practitioners and academics from across the UK and 7 countries of the world.
- By the end this year, over 1,000 parents/carers will have attended our training courses or webinars.
We would like to thank everyone who has been part of our journey. It is thanks to the tireless work, expertise and dedication of our teams and the loyalty and commitment of our supporters that we are where we are today.
Staff Spotlight – Mandy our COO has been with AES since January 2008, and here she gives an insight into what it is like to work for the charity.
Special thanks must go to the families and particularly the children we have worked with. You have been our inspiration and you have taught us so much. It is because of you that we remain focused on our future – driving and influencing change, leading best practise and supporting children and families for many more years to come.
We have grown and much has changed for all of us since 2001, but our core beliefs firmly remain: every child has the right to high quality, appropriate education and early intervention, in a child’s formative years, can be life-changing.
We also know that when parents are able to better understand their child’s behaviours and fully advocate for their needs, the very best outcomes can be achieved for the family.
The AES timeline
Logan joined our family when we adopted him as a tiny baby, he was five months old. After Logan’s first birthday, we started to notice a few changes……
I don’t even know where to begin when talking about The Circle Centre – our lives have totally changed since our son joined……
Ryley and Archie
Brothers, Ryley and Archie, attended Circle Centre when they were 4 and 3. Now 10 and 8, Mum Laura reflects on her boy’s time with us……….
Millie and Freya
Sisters, Millie and Freya were both diagnosed with autism before they were three years old and spent time in our Circle Centre ……
In the summer of 2021, Oliver’s family contacted us to seek help from our Outreach Team. He was finding his current childcare setting challenging, which had only been exacerbated…
Become part of our future…
Make a regular gift
The pandemic and it’s after effects continue to present us all with uncertainty. However, the demand for our specialist services is greater than ever – every day we meet parents who are desperate to find the right support for their child.
Our priority therefore remains focused on securing stable assured income, so that we can always be here for the children and families who need our help.
We can only deliver our services with your help
By making a regular monthly gift you will be helping to directly fund our vital work and also forward plan our specialist provision:
- By making a donation of £6 a month, we can deliver monthly parent coffee mornings. You’ll be giving parents a peer support network where they are never judged, they can off-load and they are supported.
- By making a donation of £12 a month, we can purchase specially designed sensory resource materials for messy play sessions. You’ll be helping children make a huge step in their learning.
- By making a donation of £24 a month, we can provide individual learning support for one child in one nursery session. You’ll be helping a child establish a relationship that is vital to their development.
We’re continually inspired by the children and families you have helped to support, today we share Logan’s story, as told by his mum and dad, Pam & Roddy.
Fundraise for us
Fundraising is a brilliant way to show your support and have some fun too. If you have an idea already that’s brilliant but don’t worry if you don’t, there are lots of fun and easy activities below to help you that you can do at work, with friends or challenge yourself.Find out more